Epoxy Resins - Bisphenol - A Type
- YD 124 - Low viscosity modified epoxy resin with better crystallization resistance.
- YD 125 - High purity Bisphenol A based liquid epoxy resin
- YD 125HM - High purity Bisphenol A based liquid epoxy resin
- YD 126 - Unmodified low viscosity grade
- YD 127 - Standard grade, low viscosity.
- YD 127LC - Less crystallization tendency.
- YD 128 - General purpose resin.
- YD 128ED - Extremely low ionic impurities for electro-deposition paints, electrical and electronic components.
- YD 134 - Semi solid resin
- YD 136 - Semi solid resin
Solvent - Cut Resins
Solvent-Cut Bisphenol-A based Epotec® Epoxy Resins have medium molecular weight and are supplied in solution form for the ease of processing.
- YD 011X75 - General purpose resin.
- YD 012X75 - Protective coatings with higher flexibility.
- YD 134X80 - Low VOC coatings, high chemical resistance.
- YD 134X90 - Low VOC coatings, high chemical resistance.
- YD 901X75 - General purpose resin for coating.
- YD 901EK80 - Type 1 solid resin solution in MEK for faster drying coatings
Epoxy Resins - Bisphenol - F Type
Unmodified Bisphenol-F based Epotec Epoxy Resins have very good chemical resistance, good mechanical properties and are lower in viscosity as compared to Bisphenol - A based resins.
- YDF 170 - Low viscosity, better chemical resistance & flexibility
- YDF 171 - Bisphenol-F resin for high solid coatings, adhesives and laminates
- YDF 170LV - Lower viscosity, standard resin.
- YDF 173 - Slightly higher functionality than standard Bisphenol-F resin, improved chemical resistance.
- YDF 172 - Non-crystallizing type.
- YDF 172LV - Unmodified Bisphenol -F based liquid, low viscosity epoxy resin.
Epoxy Phenol Novolac Resins
High functionality liquid resins offering increased temperature and chemical resistance.
- YDPN 631 - Improves chemical resistance, good retention of property at elevated temperature for coating applications.
- YDPN 638 - High mechanical, chemical and elevated temperature resistance properties.
- YDPN 638LV - High mechanical, chemical and elevated temperature resistance properties.
- YDPN 661 - Low viscosity. Good chemical and mechanical properties.
- YDPN 638X80 - Solution of EPN in Xylene
- YDPN 638EK85 - Solution of EPN in MEK Solvent. Easy to use and apply. Fast drying characteristics.
Epoxy Bisphenol - A Novolac Resins
- YDBN 602 - High functionality BPA novolac based epoxy resin with excellent temperature and chemical resistance
Modified Bisphenol A/F based Epotec Epoxy Resins are a blend of various epoxy resins and /or reactive diluents - available in various viscosities.
Reactive Diluents are epoxy group-containing functional products that can react with the curing agents to become the part of the cross-linked epoxy system. These are divided mainly in three groups - Aliphatic, Aromatic and Cycloaliphatic. They are further classified based on their functionality as Mono-Functional, Di-Functional and Tri-Functional.
- Mono - Functional Aliphatic Reactive Diluents RD 108, RD 109, RD110 and RD118
- Di- Functional Aliphatic Reactive Diluents RD 103, RD 103LE, RD 103SP, RD 107, RD 111, RD 114, RD 114LE, RD 119, RD 119LE, RD 119ED, RD 121, RD 130SP, RD 133
- Tri- Functional Aliphatic Reactive Diluents RD 113, RD 113SSP, RD 124
- Multi- Functional Aliphatic Reactive Diluents RD 129, RD 131
- Mono - Functional Aromatic Reactive Diluents RD 104, RD 105, RD 105HP, RD 106, RD 136, RD 138
- Di- Functional Aromatic Reactive Diluents RD 137
- High Performance Multi-functional Epoxy Resins YDM 441, YDM 450, YDM 451
- Reactive Diluent Modified Bisphenol-A based Epoxy Resins YD 515, YD 519, YD 522, YD 120
Cycloaliphatic Epotec® Epoxy Resins are mainly used in weather resistant solvent-based coatings for outdoor applications.
- YDH 184 - Good weather resistance properties.
- YDH 3000 - Low viscosity, good weather resistance.
Epoxy Resins for Can Coatings
Epoxy Systems for Can and Coil Coatings include high molecular weight resins.
- YD 017 - Standard type 7 resin. This grade allows the formulation of coatings with optimized flexibility and solids content.
- YD 017S - Standard type 7 resin with lower melt viscosity. This grade allows the formulation of coatings with higher solids content and subsequently higher dry film thicknesses.
- YD 907 - Standard type 7 resin. This grade allows the formulation of coatings with optimized flexibility and solids content.
- YD 907.02 - Lower viscosity, good flexibility and better adhesion to metal surface.
- YD 019 - Standard type 9 resin. This grade allows the formulation of coatings with high flexibility.
- YD 019S - Standard type 9 resin with lower melt viscosity. This grade allows the formulation of coatings with higher solids content and subsequently higher dry film thicknesses.
- YD 909 - Standard type 9 resin. This grade allows the formulation of coatings with high flexibility.
- YD 909.02 - Lower viscosity, good flexibility and better adhesion to metal surface.
- YD 010S - Standard Type 10 resin. Highest molecular weight resin available but with a useable melt viscosity. Allows the formulation of coatings with the highest flexibility.
Epoxy Resins for Powder Coatings
Medium Molecular Weight (Standard Viscosity)
Conventional solid Medium Molecular Weight Standard Epotec® Epoxy Resins based on Bisphenol-A with different molecular weights and viscosities are suitable for general purpose powder coatings.
- YD 901 - Standard type 1 resin. Sinters on storage
- YD 901H - Higher molecular weight type 1 resin. Sinters on storage
- YD 902 - Suitable for hybrid/pure epoxy powder coating,
- YD 903 - Suitable for hybrid/pure epoxy powder coating.
- YD 903M - Suitable for hybrid/pure epoxy powder coating with better storage stability
- YD 903H - Suitable for hybrid/pure epoxy powder coating.
- YD 903 HEM - Suitable for hybrid/pure epoxy powder coating.
- YD 904 - Suitable for epoxy ester formulation
- YD 905 - Suitable for rebar/ pipe coating
Medium Molecular Weight (Low Viscosity) Epoxy Resins
- YD 012 - Lowest viscosity, highest flow. May sinter
- YD 012HE - Exhibit excellent flow combined with good stability and reactivity.
- YD 903TP - Excellent flow and reactivity.
- YD 013 - Good flow and storage stability.
- YD 014 - Medium molecular weight, better flexibility. Can be used for epoxy esters.
Modified Epoxy Resins
Solid Epoxy Resins based predominantly on Bisphenol - A yet have been modified to exhibit much higher epoxy functionality as compared to conventional solid resins. This increased functionality leads to powder coatings with increased thermal and chemical resistance.
- YD 942 - Modified resin for better chemical resistance rebar/pipe coatings.
- YD 972 - Modified resin for better chemical resistance rebar/pipe coatings.
Phenolic Curing Agents
Phenolic Epotec® Curing Agents are used with Poly-Functional Epotec® Epoxy Resins. They give excellent chemical resistance and adhesion to the surface and retain properties to give good service life at elevated temperatures when formulated properly.
- TH 981 - Phenolic curing agent to adjust reactivity when using Epotec® Curing Agent TH982 / TH983.
- TH 982 - Accelerated phenolic curing agent for chemical resistant coatings for re-bar and pipes.
- TH 983 - Accelerated and flow modified phenolic curing agent for chemical resistant coatings for re-bar and pipes.
- TH 984 - Phenolic curing agent with better flexibility for chemical resistance coatings for re-bar and pipes.
Phenalkamines are curing agents based on Cardanol derived from cashew shell nut liquid. They offer good adhesion, low-temperature cure and superior corrosion resistance.
- TH 7940 - High solids coatings, potable water pipe lines, concrete coatings.
- TH 7940NB - Solvent containing variant of Epotec® Curing Agent TH 7940
- TH 7941 - Medium to high solids marine and industrial maintenance coatings, potable water tank
- TH 7941S10 - Solvent based industrial coatings.
Modified Aliphatic Amine Curing Agents
Modified Aliphatic Amines are room temperature reacting curing agents derived from aliphatic amines. The basic aliphatic amines are modified to reduce their vapor-pressure and thereby reduce their corrosiveness. The modification is also done to optimize the hardness, reactivity, handling time of system and also to improve the carbonation resistance.
- TH 7201 - High reactivity combined with excellent chemical resistance.
- TH 7202 - Good Chemical and heat resistance
- TH 7207 - Faster cure in presence of high humidity.
- TH 7210 - Provide excellent resistance to solvents and alcohols.
- TH 7211 � Good colour
- TH 7212 � Low temperature curing, excellent mechanical strength with good adhesion to concrete.
- TH 7222N - Curing at room temperature giving high glossy finish.
- TH 7227 - Good adhesion, good penetration in smaller cracks.
- TH 7903 - High reactivity at low temperature and curable in highly humid conditions.
- TH 7905 - High reactivity low temperature. Curable in highly humid conditions with excellent chemical resistance. Good adhesion to concrete and steel.
- TH 7214-2 - Low viscosity, fast curing modified aliphatic amine curing agent used in the formulation of fast setting adhesives or as an accelerator for other epoxy curing agents.
- TH 7234E - Low viscosity, fast curing modified aliphatic amine curing agent used in the formulation of fast setting adhesives or as an accelerator for other epoxy curing agents.
Modified Cycloaliphatic Amine Curing Agents
Modified Cycloaliphatic Amines are room temperature curing agents. Excellent color and lower corrosiveness.
- TH 7301 - Excellent color stability providing high gloss surface with good chemicals resistance.
- TH 7302 - High mechanical strength and resistance to amine blush and water spotting.
- TH 7313 - High reactivity, low viscosity, solvent free room temperature curable thermoset coatings.
- TH 7901 - High reactivity at low temperature, curable in highly humid conditions and excellent chemical resistance.
- TH 7902 - Phenol-free version of Epotec curing Agent TH 7901
- TH 7320 - Provides clear, glossy, hard surface
- TH 7329 - Ambient temperature curing, fast cure system, good toughness and adhesion properties.
- TH 7332 - Solvent free curing agent, ambient temperature curable thermoset coatings, good toughness and adhesion properties.
- TH 7334 - Low viscosity, low colour modified cycloaliphatic polyamine, solvent free room temperature curable, high blush resistance under high humidity condition and resistance to variety of chemicals
- TH 7309 - Lowest viscosity modified cycloaliphatic polyamine curing agent low mixing rations with liquid epoxy resin allowing the formulation of low cost effective civil systems and coating.
- TH 7515 - Very High Viscosity polyamide providing high flexibility and long pot life.
- TH 7515X70 - Solution-cut polyamide giving high flexibility and long pot life.
- TH 7525 - Medium Viscosity Polyamide.
- TH 7540 - Electrical potting, Castings and Corrosion resistant coatings
- TH 7560 - Low viscosity amidoamine, suitable for laminating applications and general propose concrete primers. Also applications with high filler levels
Waterborne Epoxy Resins
A wide range of waterborne epoxy resins exhibiting high stability and excellent dilution efficiency, are available, offering different functionalities for a variety of applications. These aqueous epoxy dispersions incorporate non-ionic epoxy-functional emulsifiers which allow the emulsifier to become a part of the cured product with minimal impact on the mechanical properties.
- TW 5001 (Aq. emulsion of LER) - High reactive resin, good chemical resistance
- TW 5001C (Aq. emulsion of LER) - Moderate viscosity, completely water reducible and no organic solvents
- TW 5002 (Aq. dispersion of type 1) - High gloss, fast dry time.
- TW 5003HJ (Aq. dispersion of type 7) - Medium viscosity, completely water reducible.
Waterborne Curing Agents
Epotec® waterborne curing agents are based on modified polyamines. In addition to cross-linking liquid epoxy resins in the final film they also act as emulsifiers allowing the formulation of zero VOC systems and avoiding the need for additional emulsifiers.
- THW 4504 - High strength, low colour, easy to spread and dilute with water, can emulsify liquid epoxy, easy to clean
- THW 4505 - Can be used with waterborne epoxy resin, good adhesion to metal , gives good gloss even at high pigment levels
- THW 4506 - Low viscosity, good film forming and flow characteristics allows the formulation of highly filled epoxy cement compositions.
- THW 4507 - Formulate V.O.C. free systems, for damp surfaces including green concrete, satin finish
- THW 4508 - Excellent performance in combination with different epoxy resins
- THW 4509 - Superior performance for a wide range of application
Epoxy Systems for Construction
- YD 515: TH 7301 - Seamless self leveling epoxy flooring
- BYD 7201 : TH 7302 - Seamless self leveling epoxy flooring with high Chemical Res
- YD 522 : TH 7212 - Crack Injection concrete repair
- YD 522 : TH 7903 - Epoxy mortars
- YD 522 : THW 7905 - Waterborne concrete coatings
- TW 5001C : THW 4506 - Self-leveling Epoxy - modified Grout
- YD 522 : TH 7209 - Marble back Coat
- YD 520 : TH 7227 - Marble back Coat
- YD 522 : TH7302 - Marble back Coat
- YD 128 : TH 7222N - Seamless self leveling epoxy flooring
- YDFM 253 : TH 7332 - Water wipeable epoxy tile grout adhesives
- YD 128 : THW 4504 - Waterborne self leveling floor
- YD 128 : THW 4507 - Waterborne self leveling floor
- YD 128 : THW 4505 - Water based epoxy top coats
- THW 5002 : THW 4508 - Water based epoxy top coats
- YD 522 : TH 7334 - High blush resistance floor coatings
- YDPN 664A : TH 7330 - Epoxy phenolic coatings for tank linings
Epoxy Systems for composite applications are developed to suit the composite processing technique and the end application requirements.
Resin and Curing Agent System for Prepreg are designed for in-house prepreg manufacturing even in small lots. Being a solvent free system it does not require complicated solvent recovery system which reduces cost of equipment.
Filament Winding & Pultrusion Systems
Resin and Curing Agent System for Filament Winding and Pultrusion are designed to meet process requirements such as low viscosity, long pot life, accelerated curing at elevated temperature.
Resin Transfer Molding, Resin Infusion & Hand Lay Up Systems
Resin and Curing Agent System for Resin Transfer Molding (RTM), Resin Infusion (RI), and Hand Lay Up is designed to have low initial viscosity and reactivity from few minutes to several hours at ambient temperature. The choice is made depending on process conditions and geometry of the component and end use requirements.
Gel Coat Systems
Surface / Gel Coat Systems are designed to provide optimum tack free time and excellent surface finish after curing process.
Epoxy Adhesive Systems are designed to join various similar and dissimilar substrates providing excellent adhesion over wide range of service conditions. Specialized characteristics such as thixotropy, high temperature non-sag/slump resistant make them useful
Expandable Epoxy Systems
Expandable Epoxy systems are suitable as core materials for light weight, rigid and dimensionally stable components starting from prototypes to bulk production.
Flexible Epoxy Systems
Contrary to common belief that epoxies are rigid and brittle, Flexible Epotec Epoxy Systems are designed to impart good flexibility which gives more choice to designers in creating new applications.
Electronics and Electricals
Epoxy Systems are best known for casting into molds, cavities, cores and patterns. Key solutions have been designed in our advanced materials business for Switchgears, Bushings and Insulators Distribution /Power Transformers Outdoor Instrument Transformers and Insulators Low voltage Casting, Potting and Encapsulation